As an affiliate for several companies, if you click on the links on this website and make a qualifying purchase, I'll earn a commission. For more information, please see my full Disclosure Policy.
Best Cucumber and Tomato Salad Recipe
I love summer vegetable salads, but my favorite summer vegetable salad isn’t your typical lettuce and tomato. No, no, no. My favorite is a cucumber and tomato salad recipe. It’s absolutely delicious and one of the easiest salad recipes I’ve ever made.
There’s something to be said for those fresh from the garden veggies – the way they smell, how pretty they are, and absolutely the way they taste. So, I always use garden fresh when I can, but this cucumber salad recipe is great with store-bought produce as well.
This recipe is an easy summer salad for a crowd or as a picnic side dish. At our house, we jokingly call this Jibble Jabble, because it never really had a cool name and it really needed one. You can just simply call it Cucumber and Tomato Salad.
Cucumber & Tomato Salad Recipe
- 3 medium to large sized tomatoes
- 2 medium-sized cucumbers
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 medium Vidalia or sweet onion
- 1/2 cup oil - vegetable or canola
- 1/2 cup white vinegar 3/4 cup, if you really like vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-3 tsp. sugar this will vary depending on your taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, you'll dice up each of the vegetables and combine in a medium-sized bowl with a tight-fitting lid. (The lid is very important or your refrigerator will smell just like vinegar.)
- Next, add your oil, vinegar, and water.
- Then, add your sugar and stir gently. If your family isn't a fan of sweets, add the sugar a teaspoon at a time. Stir and taste before adding more. You want the sugar to dissolve and not settle in the bottom of the bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving. This salad is best served cold.
Another great side dish is steamed vegetables with cheese sauce.