Best Cucumber and Tomato Salad Recipe
I love summer vegetable salads, but my favorite summer vegetable salad isn’t your typical lettuce and tomato. No, no, no. My favorite is a cucumber and tomato salad recipe. It’s absolutely delicious and one of the easiest salad recipes I’ve ever made.
There’s something to be said for those fresh from the garden veggies – the way they smell, how pretty they are, and absolutely the way they taste. So, I always use garden fresh when I can, but this cucumber salad recipe is great with store-bought produce as well.
This recipe is an easy summer salad for a crowd or as a picnic side dish. At our house, we jokingly call this Jibble Jabble, because it never really had a cool name and it really needed one. You can just simply call it Cucumber and Tomato Salad.
Cucumber & Tomato Salad Recipe
- 3 medium to large sized tomatoes
- 2 medium-sized cucumbers
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 medium Vidalia or sweet onion
- 1/2 cup oil - vegetable or canola
- 1/2 cup white vinegar 3/4 cup, if you really like vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-3 tsp. sugar this will vary depending on your taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, you'll dice up each of the vegetables and combine in a medium-sized bowl with a tight-fitting lid. (The lid is very important or your refrigerator will smell just like vinegar.)
- Next, add your oil, vinegar, and water.
- Then, add your sugar and stir gently. If your family isn't a fan of sweets, add the sugar a teaspoon at a time. Stir and taste before adding more. You want the sugar to dissolve and not settle in the bottom of the bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving. This salad is best served cold.
Another great side dish is steamed vegetables with cheese sauce.
As an affiliate for several companies, if you click on the links on this website and make a qualifying purchase, I'll earn a commission. For more information, please see my full Disclosure Policy.