As an affiliate for several companies, if you click on the links on this website and make a qualifying purchase, I'll earn a commission. For more information, please see my full Disclosure Policy.
Simple Cobbler Recipe
I remember watching my mom make homemade cobbler when I was a little girl. They were always so pretty, but it seemed like it took forever for her to finish them. Now, I make this simple cobbler recipe in the half the time.
The time it takes to make a pretty cobbler is something I just don’t have these days, so I make a simple cobbler recipe. Some people call it dump cobbler, because you dump everything into the pan together. I don’t care what you call it, I call it GOOOOD!
I’m a sucker for a simple dessert that tastes like it took a while to prepare. No one has to ever know that it only took you five minutes to throw this fantastic tasting pan of goodness together. Well, unless they ask you for the recipe.
It doesn’t matter what fruit you put into this homemade cobbler. You can use fresh berries or canned fruit. I’ve used fresh mulberries and blackberries, and canned apple pie filling and cherry pie filling. It’s always amazingly delicious!
This simple homemade cobbler is great for a home meal or to share with friends.
- 1 stick of real butter
- 1 cup each of the following:
- self-rising flour
- fresh berries or 1 can of pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease bottom and sides of an 8x8 pan.
- Melt 1 stick of real butter, set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, and milk together until blended well.
- Pour the melted butter into the baking pan. Then, pour in flour mixture.
- Sprinkle your berries across the top, or dump in the can of pie filling and spread around a little.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Check with toothpick for doneness. (Is that even a word?)
Looking for a cake instead? Take a look at Best Cake Made from a Mix… Ever.