As an affiliate for several companies, if you click on the links on this website and make a qualifying purchase, I'll earn a commission. For more information, please see my full Disclosure Policy.
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
There are two things my family absolutely loves…bacon and cheeseburgers! This deliciously hearty and creamy bacon cheeseburger soup is a perfect marriage of two of my family’s favorites.
Not one person in my family will turn down bacon. Have you seen the salad meme with a lettuce leaf and a plate of bacon? Well, that’s us. We are bacon lovers.
I had never attempted to cook bacon cheeseburger soup, but my oldest daughter told me how she had, and it was AWFUL! So, in true “Momma’s gotta fix it” fashion, I set out to find a really good recipe and try to figure out where she went wrong. Because she had to have done something wrong, I mean, BACON and CHEESEBURGERS. My mouth waters at the mention of them both in the same sentence.
I found several recipes, but couldn’t find one that looked like a good fit for our family. So, I combined a few and we all fell in love.
This Crockpot bacon cheeseburger soup and a piece of French bread is just the thing to warm you up after a chilly day.
Crockpot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- 12 oz. package of bacon cooked crisp
- 2 lbs. of ground beef
- 4 c. diced potatoes
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 1 medium onion diced
- ½ c. green pepper diced
- 1 rib of celery diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp. Better Than Bouillon Roasted Beef Base (this stuff is AMAZING in everything)
- 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 16 oz. Velveeta
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 c. water
- 3 c. milk
- 1 c. heavy cream
- ½ c. flour
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper or seasoning salt, brown with onion, green pepper, and garlic, and drain off the fat. Then, into the Crockpot goes the beef, crumbled bacon, potatoes, shredded carrot, celery, tomatoes, water, and bouillon. Whisk the milk with ¼ c. of flour, pour into the Crockpot, and stir. Cut Velveeta into ½ inch slices, place separately in the Crockpot. Set on high and cook for 3-4 hours.
- If possible, stir after about an hour.
- After 3-4 hours, mix in 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, whisk ¼ cup of flour with 1 cup heavy cream. Make sure there are no floury lumps and pour into the Crockpot. Let cook approximately another 20 – 30 minutes.
Got a favorite soup recipe? I’d be delighted if you’d pass it along.